Saturday, November 10, 2007

So much Fun!

Okay so not really! Yesterday I had Lydia's 9 month check-up. Well they now draw blood at that check-up. So I had this brilliant idea to have somebody watch my other kiddos so that I didn't have to chase kids around the lab and could really focus on Lydia while she was being tortured (seriously it is one of the saddest things to see, they strap them on this little board thing and have 3 straps going over her little body) Well that was my genious plan until my kids decided to get sick, and I couldn't take them to my friends house because they would then pass it on. And not to mention Lexi has been doing nothing but laying on me since Tuesday or Wednesday. So I call and get Lexi an appt at the same time. Well we get in there and when the doctor listens to Lexi's chest she tells me that she wants an x-ray, it could be pneumonia. So I then take my to diapered kiddos to the back of the clinic to get x-rays for X and blood drawn for Lyddie. We did the blood first and then a nurse came and took Lex to get the x-ray. I gotta say it was really sad having somebody else take her back there especially when I could hear her crying. So then we go back in the room and in comes the nurse... Lexi has pneumonia. So weird! Then they got flu shots. It was torture day at the doctor's office. I really wanted to take a picture of the Lydia being all strapped down but I felt bad so I didn't. I think the only thing sadder than that is picturing Lex getting her chest x-ray. Seriously there is some mid-evil stuff going on. For those of you who have never seen it, they put the kid on this little seat, like a bike seat and then bring a plexi glass tube like thing around them and lift their arms above their head and close the tube thingy. It is so sad, Seth had it done at 4 months old, pure torture. Anyway so life over here has been a little crazy, Lexi just wants to be held all day long. She never cuddles so I am totally enjoying the cuddle time, but a few minutes to do dishes would be nice. My house is a disaster. Any volunteers to come clean??!! On the up side, somebody must have known I needed help, because Seth and Riley were fabulous at the doctor's office. They behaved so well it was wonderful! The end!

5 comments:

AZ Karen said...

Oh Jen, I feel your pain. It's so hard when your kids are sick.

I had a similar experience with Rachel just before Hannah was born. She just wasn't being herself so I took her in to the dr. who told me she had pneumonia (although never got an x-ray to confirm). I felt like mother of the year.

jamirclark said...

I feel for you! I think Dallin might have pneumonia too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

So sad! :( I was so sad when mom told me about this. Poor kiddos. My poor Lou.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

We have a bunch of sickos too. not fun. And my house reeks.

Anyways. Feeling your pain. Just hang tight, and eat some ice.

Nettie said...

logan had to do that x-ray thing too--miserable! your week sounds as bad as mine, sorry. it's that fun sick time of year. ugh.