Monday, November 26, 2007

My Hubby!

So today is our 8th anniversary! I am not good at sappy stuff so suffice it to say I love this crazy man and am glad we got married 8 years ago! (insert more sappy stuff if you so desire)

So the deal in our house is that he plans some sort of anniversary date while I plan Valentine's Day. So I knew that he had made plans for Friday morning and that we weren't going to the valley. So I assumed he would take me to Denny's for breakfast and then maybe to our newly opened Harkins. (which would have been okay but kinda lame considering our past anniversaries, (he is really good at the anniversary game)). Anywho, Carly came down for pie on thanksgiving and while we were eating she mentions something about how late it is going to be when we get there. Well that is when I said "wha what?" So he had planned 2 weeks ago for Carly to come stay the night and we got to go to Tuscon and stay in the Marriott. It was the best. The bed was seriously so comfy and we had no midnight visitors and we got to sleep in a little, and enjoy breakfast out, we haven't gone to breakfast in forever and that is my favorite! So it was awesome, we came home and then later that day we were gonna go visit some friends. Well while he was getting ready to go his phone rings and I proceed to answer. The girls then asks to talk to Eliott, who I say can't come to the phone but I will take a message, so this was the message:
can you please let him know that the drill repair guy is done w/ his drill and he can pick it up whenever he wants.
okay a little confused, but he did take the battery for our drill to work w/ him earlier that week to see if it needed to be replaced, although he never told me it was being repaired. So I go to ask him if it was being repaired and he looked confused as he told me no, so I tell him the conversation and he just looked at me and then it clicks "she said JEWELERY" that's right! My wedding ring has had a loose diamond for I don't know how long so my finger hasn't been married for quite a while. So the best husband ever got my ring fixed for me and he took me to a hotel and he got a babysitter! what more could a girl want!!
Love you babe!
(by the way this is the most recent picture I had of him, but it fit his goofball side, so I left it!)

8 comments:

Cookie Mama said...

What a fun trip. Hats off to your hubby, I'm afraid hubbies all over blogland are going to be in HUGE trouble now that we all know what they are capable of.

Cute post, Happy Anniversary.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Happy 8 Years! I remember you got married on "Black Friday"! :) I remember someone behind us in line at Best Buy ended up paying for our TV for us AND bringing to the temple so we could get out the long line & make it to your sealing. SO NICE! And then it wouldn't fit into our car so the Johnsons let us borrow their suburban to take it home. SO NICE AGAIN! And I think the lady who bought the TV knew Gina somehow. Anyways, my parents switch off too ... we need to do that too. Thank goodness for nice sis-in-laws too!

Kristine said...

YA HOO! What a great job he did! Thats awesome! I sorta knew cause I called while ya'll were away and I was so excired for you to have a REAL anniversary! Glad you had a great time! Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I feel like a dork for not saying happy anniversary yesterday when we talked...oh well. I'm glad it all worked out and that you guys got a small break from the norm, it doesn't happen very often! Love you guys...see you...sometime!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Wow! He always does good. I'm glad you got a night off. Happy Anniversary!

Nichole said...

Happy 8!! You have the (2nd) best hubby ever! ok, ok, M & E can tie for 1st. . .
that sounds like such a fun time! yay you guys!

and I like the pic you chose. That's so Eliott!

Erin said...

Yeah, for anniversaries! It sounds like your husband really makes it an important day. I wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog, too. I love you! I also love your humor and I always read your blog on days I need to smile. I hope you're all doing well and take good care of that hubby of yours! Oh, I didn't know if you knew this but I'll be in Arizona for a couple of weeks during Christmas and was wondering if playgroup still existed???

Nettie said...

That really is so awesome Jen. What a great idea that you plan V-day and he plans the anniversary. I might have to steal that from you. Happy anniversary by the way. You guys are such a cute couple. :)