Friday, November 30, 2007

Funny guy!

Okay so Seth is learning to read and I borrowed a book from my dad called "my parents married on a dare". Well Seth sounded out the title and then asked me what a dare was, this is the conversation that followed...
me: it is kinda like a challenge
him: (blank stare)
me: well kinda like if somebody said to you "i dare you to jump off the stair" kinda like that, like "let's see if you can do it" Does that make sense?
him: (light bulb clicks) OH I get it. But that isn't a very good thing cuz when you get married you are in church clothes and you aren't supposed to jump off stairs in church clothes.

Oh my goodness I had the hardest time not laughing! Then I had to explain that a dare could mean other things too not just jumping off stairs.

Another one...
last night I was eating a bowl of ice cream and he came out of his room to go potty and came to get one more hug before going to sleep. While hugging me he looks at my ice cream so after the hug...
me: you're going to ask for a bite of my ice cream aren't you?
him: are you going to say "yes" if i do or no?
he got a bite!

i love the way they think!

6 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

seriously, converastion's like these are why I LOVE my kids. He's so cute!

Nettie said...

You know I love Seth, he's such a sweetheart. You're a great story-teller. :)

Nichole said...

I love hearing Seth stories and quotes! He's such a big boy now! Crazy!

Kristine said...

At least he knows appropriote behavior for kids in chuch clothes. Too funny!

Tawni said...

that is hillarious!! they are soo funny

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! I say this in like, every blog, but I don't care. Sue is such a sweetheart. I can't wait to see you guys next week!