Sunday, November 4, 2007

A little bragging going on...

Okay so I went to find Riley a dress for Halloween and I thought they were all cheesy and to expensive for being so cheesy. So I decided to take a yellow bridesmaid dress and turn it into a Belle dress. So... I did!
I came home from walmart one day and finished it that night. With out a pattern. And I really made it a top and skirt instead of a dress but still! Oh and the picture of Belle doesn't' do the dress justice it was way cuter and poofier in person! Anyway here is a before and after!
I made Seth's costume too, but I have to give "kudos" to Kristine, I just copied her on the lighter tan part of the costume. Then later I made the robe.

8 comments:

Blair Family said...

Wow that is great I don't know if I could do that. They all look sooooo.... adorable.

Nichole said...

I'm impressed with your *sweet* sewing skills! Plus, you are a gen-i-ous for coming up with that idea!

Kristine said...

Okay... totally awesome dress And I think it photographs great! How stinkin cute are you! well, I guess Riley does look pretty cute too, but I must say I am WAY impressed!

Cookie Mama said...

I love Riley's costume! I'm so impressed, I would have thought those store Halloween dresses were cheesy, and then bought one anyway. You are amazing. Riley looks so cute and hats off to Super Mom!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Way to go, Jen!

lindsay said...

seriously?
you're amazing.

and your daughter is pretty much the cutest little thing i've ever seen - i want one.

Tawni said...

That is very impressive chica!! Is that the dress from my wedding? I think it is. Kinda sad, but I know you will never wear it again. Way to go, and w/out a pattern, I could NEVER pull that off!!

Anonymous said...

you totally deserve to brag!