Wednesday, September 1, 2010

the truth is...

So my sis-in-law also does this fun one. The truth is wednesdays. So basically I tell you random things...



~The truth is I can't hear or say the difference between and "i" or an "e". Especially when it is in a 3 letter word. Eliott says it is kind of a combo between the 2 sounds. So if I need a pen I will usually say "can you hand me that P-E-N?" and spell it out for you. Yep I get looks but I get them when I try to just say it then I have to spell it anyway. This issue always makes me wonder how I say my name... when we go to eat I always have them put Eliott's name down cuz I have seen more than one person put Gin or Jin. As a result of this little defect I have to turn the kids over to Eliott when they are trying to learn those sounds!

~The truth is I still haven't decided if I want my girls saying boobs or breasts or what. So I still call it my chest. Seriously though, I can't imagine either of those words coming out of their cute little mouths so my theory is to just avoid!

~The truth is I hate blue lights on electronics. Seriously why did they switch from red numbers on your alarm clock to blue. I have a stereo in my room that has a blue circle display. I can't sleep if it isn't covered. So I have a polka dot gift box lid hanging off the front of it. That blue is soooo blasted bright. I have had the same alarm clock since I was about 10 and I hope it never dies cuz they all come in stupid blue!!

~The truth is I hate word verification thingys on blogs. I can understand them on public blogs. But come on people if you switch to private take away the verification!!

~The truth is I don't ever know who sings what, or what songs are titled. (with few exceptions) I just can't remember all that detail. I can usually sing along to it, but even then I have been known for some pretty awesome made up lyrics. But oh how I LOVE to turn up the music and belt it out!

~The truth is growing up my brother made a rule in his truck that I couldn't sing along unless I knew the artist. So that pretty much guaranteed I couldn't sing along to pretty much anything. Which I don't really blame him since I am pretty sure I sounded horrible!

~The truth is because I pretty much sounded horrible and have always felt self-conscious singing, I now take voice lessons from a good friend. It is so much fun! I will never be fantastic but I do feel much more comfortable just singing in church settings.

3 comments:

AudyCamp said...

I am seriously liking the Truth-Is-Wednesday idea...
& seriously why are we doing the word verification thing on private blogs...? it totally bugs.

The truth is: I say seriously & totally WAY too much!

Jessica/Patrick said...

Alarm clocks are in blue now?! I had no idea! Probably because I don't own one. . .
I'm glad you've decided to try to kick-start the blogging.
The Truths & Weekend Updates are all I do now, and it works!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.