Monday, August 30, 2010

weekend update

In an attempt to blog more regularly I am going to follow in my fantastic Sis-in-laws steps and provide my few readers (if that!!) with a weekend update.


~friday we had seth's birthday party. I decided a year or so ago that I wasn't throwing birthday parties every year for every kid. So they get a friend party at 5, 8, 12, and 16. And every year regardless they get a family (meaning grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...) party. So he was pretty excited this year. He invited a few friends and they went swimming at our community pool.
It was hands down the easiest party I have every thrown. Eliott went and sat at the pool with them and I was going to get little ceasars pizza but my friend was on her way to get some for her family so she picked up mine as well. So all i had to do was walk the food over to the pool! It was great and he had a blast!!

~saturday I went on the youth lake trip! we had sooo much fun! I came away with lots of funny funny memories, one really awesome bruise and lots of sore muscles! So I am gonna go with, it was a success!!

~Saturday evening Eliott and I got to go on a date! WE went to red Robin which was absolutely delicious!!! I think it was perfect after a day at the lake! Then we went errand running and to kohls. I love kohls!!! We got a new church shirt for Eliott and a pair of sunglasses for me (since I dropped mine in the lake!!) for $13ish! Thank you kohls cash and coupons!

~sunday we had church of course. A tired lyddie crawling all over me for the first part. Not fun! A really cranky afternoon. I make no apologies for my crankiness. I did make a texas sheet cake from scratch before. Did you know you have to boil stuff to make that? I had no idea!! And of course I had to make the goody for seth's class so we had funfetti cookies all over the kitchen. And then we had his family b-day party. He chose teryaki chicken. I'd say other than the crankiness seeping out of my skin it was a successful party.


2 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

That is a great idea to do a weekend update. Although, most of my weekends would be incredibly boring to read about!! Happy B-day to Seth by the way. I bet he is so excited to get baptized! And Red Robin and Kohls sounds like a fantastic date - how fun!

TheLadiesRoom said...

My weekends would be boring too. They usually consist of cleaning the house! Fun to read an update about you guys tho!