Monday, August 31, 2009

Camping

I love when you go somewhere and all the kids insist that they are not tired. It pretty much cracks me up because the following usually happens (Seth is hit and miss as to whether he will fall asleep or not but the others are pretty much always the same!)



Lexi definitely looks like a kid who wasn't tired!
So we headed up northeast of Payson to go camping for the 4th of July. We met up w/ Eliott's mom and her hubby Todd. and we had a fantastic time. It was such a great trip. The weather was great. It even poured on us a couple times. The little random storms would last about an hour. The first one proved to us how non-leak proof our tent is. Eliott was busy having kidney stone pains in the tent when it first started pouring so Todd helped me cover the tent w/ the tarp that was used for covering the wood. It did manage to keep the water out of our tent. For which I was extremely grateful. By the time I got back in the tent after getting the tarp and helping Todd throw it over the tent, I was completely soaked!! But it was fun. The last time we went camping Eliott bought me this awesome hammock. So I took full advantage of having it there. I brought w/ me some cheesy books and laid in the hammock and read. It was fantastic and sooo relaxing! And as you can see the kids love it too.

This picture makes me laugh and I am not quite sure why. I do love Lyddie's eyes in this one!
Seth is actually holding a caterpillar in this picture! He is usually scared of everything but this little caterpillar was his buddy!


I do have to tell the funny potty issues we had while camping! Riley decided that she could go pee outside by herself. And dog-gone it she was gonna learn how to do it. Even if it meant peeing on everything we brought. And that is exactly what it meant. She would try soooo hard but her legs are too short and she would pee on her pants or undies every single time.
And then Lyddie was absolutely terrified of peeing outside. She would freak out and not go. And then she would end up peeing her pants. Luckily Eliott's mom and Todd have a pop-up trailer w/ a toilet. So Lyddie was able to go there. I can't remember exactly how long it was but the first day she went potty at home and then didn't go again until it was late evening. She held it soooo long.
So between Riley and her desire to go by herself and Lyddie and her fear of going outside, we literally peed through every possible thing. Even the dirty clothes from the first 2 days, that Lexi kept dry. It was getting a bit ridiculous!!
But I love camping and can't wait to go again!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm with Riley and Lyddie... I wouldn't know how to pee outside so they are not alone. Which is another reminder why I don't go unless there is some kind of "potty" around. Cute pics.

Brooke Colvin said...

How fun to go camping AND have a hammock! The potty thing would not be so fun though I would imagine. There is nothing worse than a big pile of peed-on clothes. You are a good sport though and I'm sure you didn't let it ruin your trip :)

Brianne said...

Cute camping pictures. I love the potty story. With little boys our camping trip was quite easy in #1 area but when Crue had to go #2 without a toilet it was pretty hilarious until I was the one who had to clean it off the bottom of his pant legs.

Cookie Mama said...

Hilarious! You are such a good mom to go camping and I bet you had a HUGE amount of laundry to do when you got home. I love that Riley made the best effort to be in the wilderness, but I'm with Lyddie, peeing outside terrifies me. Makes me wonder how those pioneer women handled that stuff with a huge dress on, blah! Super cute post.

Nettie said...

What fun camping pictures! Pretty place! Not so fun about all the pee-pee pants, but I remember doing that when I was little too, so I guess we can't get mad when they do it. :) Great little family you have Jen.

Erin said...

Going camping as a family is always one of my favorites. I've yet to do it as a Ross... I've got to get on that. I love your not tired kids!

:) said...

I am ready for an update! Can't wait to hear what you guys have been up to!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Hey Jen! How are you guys doing over there? Are you blogging anymore? Did you start a new blog somewhere? Miss ya!