Monday, August 31, 2009

my boy is big!

Seth turned 7 yesterday! I can't believe how time has flown!! We have decided to only have all out huge parties when the kids turn 5, 8, 12, 16 and 18. And every year we will still have a family party. So for his family party we met at our community pool and swam and had barros and of course cake. Eliott made him a yummy german chocolate bundt cake! But he forgot the candles on the counter so Seth got to blow out the lighter quite a few times! He is such a good sport. It almost didn't seem real that it was his birthday, he didn't have a ton of hype leading up to it. He seems soooo grown up. He had been requesting a few different things from different people. It kinda made me laugh how he had it figured out. He had Eliott's mom getting him "twister" and he had us getting a slinky. But he wouldn't mix that up he would only tell us slinky, and her twister. I didn't even know he had requested that until she and I were talking. Such a funny kid.

We asked him if he wanted to open the presents from us on Sunday, his actual birthday or if he wanted them the same day as his party, which was saturday. He thought about it for a minute and then told me he would rather have them on his actual day, so that way he still got presents on his birthday. I love that kid! I soooo would have chosen the earlier day!
Another funny thing that he did that made me realize he is getting older was: he was talking to Eliott on Saturday and said "dad you don't have much time left to go shopping for my presents"
Eliott told him that we knew for a long time that it was his birthday and that we had it covered!!

So Sunday morning he came into our room to open his presents. He got his slinky and he got it to walk down 3 stairs! This kid can read like crazy, and has been reading the "Boxcar Children" books from the library but he hasn't read the 1st one, so Eliott got him that one. He was excited and then he got an MP3 player. (I wish I could type how he says it. It cracks me up, he didn't realize that it was 2 letters and a number, he thought it was a word and the word was soooo funny!) anyway so he got that and some earphones. He was soooo happy. He just loves music and the best thing about this one is that it can charge through the computer! No more batteries!! So Eliott loaded it w/ music last night and he was in love. I woke up this morning to hear him belting out "i want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiiikeee" at the top of his lungs!

He is such an amazing boy! I just love him to death! He is a great helper and an excellent big brother. He has such a fun personality and funny sense of humor! I don't know what I would do w/ out him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke Colvin said...

Happy Birthday to Seth! That's crazy that he is 7 already. He is a cute boy, and yes, I would have chosen to open my presents earlier too!