Monday, April 19, 2010

Let's give this another go....

Well I honestly can't say what happened to me! For starters I am going to un-private my blog with this post. I am hopefully going to keep up, cuz really it is just lame to have a blog and not post!! Sorry! I don't even know if anybody even checks this anymore. Oh well! It will be good for me!

Okay so it would be way to insane to try and update my entire year, especially with pictures. So I am going to basically give you a blown up version of a Christmas card letter and highlight the big things with each family member. And then hopefully I will just keep it up!

Eliott: Well in these hard times we LOVE that he has a job. He still works for the same place and doesn't hate it. So that is a bonus. He doesn't change too much so that is pretty much it for him!!

Me: Well I am Loving living in the valley again!! I love love love our ward and have met some incredible people to add to the list of people I call friends. I get to work with the laurels and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I got to go to girls camp last year and had a blast!!! Life is pretty much the same as it always is, I get 4 people dressed everyday and take those 4 people where they need to be, feed those same 4 people plus, clean up after those 4 people and love on those 4 people! I love my job!!!

Seth: He is in second grade and I love his teacher she is fantastic. He loves it too. He started taking piano lessons from a good friend of ours and loves that too! He turned 7 while we were away from the blog world. He had his adnoids out in February and can breath and hear soooo much better!!! Last week he had his 5th surgery and had his birthmark removed.

Riley: Loves Loves Loves kindergarten. Her teacher has renamed her and has "Riley Rae" on everything around the room that needs her name. Yes that is her name but I didn't intend on her being called that. It is kinda our thing. So we I go to the school I hear all this little kids saying bye to "riley rae". In October she kept complaining her leg hurt so after she crawled up a little incline into the school I decided to take her to the dr. to see what was up. Well she was diagnosed with perthes. Basically it means the head of her femur is dying. The blood supply gets cut off, but they don't know why and the bones starts to die. But eventually remolds itself. So in the mean-time We have to keep her from doing anything that could cause the head of the femur to collapse. So no high impact anything. Ever try to keep a 5 year old from running or jumping? It's been a little difficult and we have had some issues w/ her teacher. We were told it would be 9ish months before she could run or jump again. But we had an appt last week and were told that she really has 3-5 YEARS before she can run or jump!!! (the 1st doctor most likely gave us the length of time for the first stage, stupid man!!) So yep it is pretty sad.
On the upside of things, she can swim and ride a bike. She learned how to ride her 2 wheel bike over spring break and loves it!!! It was a bit rough going for a bit for my little shrimp. We ended up having to buy a littler bike just so she could learn how to start since her bike was a bit tall for that. Now that she has that down she rides her bigger one all the time! She is too cute on it!!

Lexi: Ah Lex! she is such a funny girl w/ such a funny personality and great sense of humor!! Not much happens with her. She is a bit sad w/ everybody in school (lyddie started last month) She is trying sooo hard to learn how to ride a 2 wheeler bike just like everybody else. But man alive her bike is soooo short and my back is killing me!!! But she gets sooo excited I can't say no!! So if you see me walking around like an 80 year old, you'll know why!!

Lydia: well Lydia still doesn't talk. She tries, sometimes, but nobody can understand her. So we had her tested and finally got her in the preschool for her speech. She gets to ride the bus everyday and they come to my house to get her too! I love it, she loves it!! She has only been going for about 3ish weeks and already she is trying to say more things. It is simply fantastic!!!

Wow this was long, if you made it through, you are a true friend!!! I might go back and add pictures (they are on the other computer)

Alright, friends, here's to blogging!!!

14 comments:

Carly said...

Woo-hoo! I'm glad you're back!!! :)

Nichole said...

Now I know why you've been so busy! Trying to keep up with your "4 people" is a LOT of work! Go you for doing it so well!!

Rachel Hanchett said...

Thanks for the update! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, we need to get together since I'm over by your house at least once a week anyway!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Yipee!

:) said...

Loved the update Jen! Now I need to go and update mine, I just don't want to. Keep it up! :)

Raich said...

Are you KIDDING me with the cute pictures?! Love it!! You are so hottie!! Yeah for an update...

BUIS LIFE... said...

Yea for you blogging again :)

Cami and Phil said...

Yay for going non private. I could actually see that you updated! Thats crazy about Riley's leg... you are a trooper and so is she!

Cookie Mama said...

You're back, yay Jen! So fun to hear about your cute family! Sorry to hear about Riley, miracles happen every day and we'll hope for one for your sweet girl.

TheLadiesRoom said...

I've been wondering where you've been! Glad to see you again. =)

Tawni said...

Woo that was long, but I must be a true friend because I read the whole thing! Sounds like life has been pretty busy for you guys! Hope all is well, we should hang out over the summer time!

melissa said...

So--what's up with not announcing YOUR newest lessons, huh?!? I think I'm highly offended. :)

The Owens said...

Hey Jen! Glad to read an update on your cute family. I am glad you are not private anymore either cause I was not able to read your blog! ) :
Miss you out here in AZ CITY! Take care!

lindsay said...

so glad you un-privated your blog! i can't believe how much your family has grown since the last time i saw them all. you are absolutely gorgeous and i'm excited to keep following your blog!