Monday, August 31, 2009

Super Saturday

Somehow I got roped into doing Super Saturday w/ my ward this year. I had fun working w/ my good friend, Kelli. But there was lots of drama where others were concerned which made it not so super! But it is done! It turned out well and I think everyone had a good time.
I was in charge of 4 of the crafts this year. (mine are in the second picture)

Kelli did, the family blocks, the christmas sign under the hammer, a candy jar that says "gobble til you wobble" a glass block, one said "boo" the other said "believe", a recipe holder that had a small sheet of tin to put in the slot on the top of that block of wood and then we had 2 free things, magnets (the ones that are clear flat marbles w/ cute paper under them and then glue the magnet on) and composition books that you could cover w/ cute paper
So I did the picture frame (we did this at my old ward last year and people loved it so I suggested it for this year)
and then we also did the soaps from last year. They have inserts in them displaying different quotes.
Then the monogram letter. And the last one I did was the tin box.


It was a ton of work! I had to visit all the micheal's, walmarts, and joanns in my area and most of them more than once. I had to collect 97 clear soaps! But it is done! and now I can focus on other things!
Seth's birthday was yesterday so after super saturday he had his party. So it was a fun filled day. I will post more on his b-day soon.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Dude, I have to do Super Saturday in November. I will probably be emailing you for instructions for things.

Brooke Colvin said...

You are so crafty Jen! I have a feeling that this will not be your last Super Saturday.

Raich said...

You are so cute and crafty. Dont you love the drama of doing Super Saturday. The bishop in my ward I just moved from cancelled it because of it. Crazy. I need to do some soaps for VT.