Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love to camp!

We went camping a couple weekends ago up northeast of Payson with Eliott's family!
We had such a fun time! Everybody got appropriately dirty and ate an obscene amount of sugar. So it was just like a camping trip should be. It was the first time we had gone camping as a family ever. I have taken Seth and Riley a couple times with my family when Eliott couldn't go and Eliott has taken the kids on father/son or Daddy/daughter outings. So it was fun to go as a whole family. We got there Thursday night and Riley and Seth decided they wanted to sleep in the Pop up camper trailer of Eliott's mom's. They had a blast in there. But I don't think anybody had as much fun as Lexi. She was SO EXCITED to sleep in the tent. She couldn't contain her excitement it was hilarious!! Lyddie had a good time to. she mostly walked around (still so excited she walks!) and sat in peoples laps. Although she loves camping chairs, she sat in those a fair amount of time. And the bottle in her hand is a fancy shmancy root beer bottle but it was too funny not to take a picture of! Seth enjoyed talking "nature walks" and he even got to shoot Papa Todd's BB gun! Riley played in the soft sand by the camp for a good portion of the weekend. The kids had a blast w/ Eliott's mom. She probably had almost as much fun! She would take them on little walks and feed them sugar. The kids obviously loved it!! Eliott bought me a hammock and it was OH SO NICE!!! So we both got to lay around in that for a little bit. It only took 10 minutes (no joke!) to sunburn me and give me an awesome farmers tan. So I had to plan when I could hang out it in. We had a great time and can't wait to go again!! Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

LOVE Lyddies cheese face. How funny! Sounds like a perfect camping time to me... especially the sugar part.

Nichole said...

How fun! I love camping...

Anonymous said...

I'm sad I missed this!! But. I am happy everyone was able to get together- in a different county even! It looks like it was a wonderful time!