Monday, April 14, 2008

So lately...

Alright so apparently I fell off the blogging planet. I haven't been around much and there is just simply no excuse for that! So I am back.
Okay let me update you on the things going on around here...
My "biggest losers" contest ended 2 weeks ago and w/ out sounding cocky I would like to announce... I WON!!! I lost 28 pounds in 12 weeks. Now before you start asking how, let me answer that, for the most part (I say most part because sometimes I would cheat) I stopped eating white flour and High fructose corn syrup. Which both are in everything!! But I somehow managed to get around that and still eat. I didn't really even exercise until month 3 or just before. But I lost the first 20 pounds in like 5 weeks which leads me to think, "how fat was I exactly?" oh well I don't need to worry about that weight anymore. Now on to the next 20-30 pounds. We started our competition again but this time we are only doing 8 weeks. So hopefully I can lose some more, and I am hoping w/ a shorter time frame that we can all be a little more motivated. I knew that competition drove me but I had no idea how much until this. It is great for me! Anyway enough w/ the fatty!

Last week I got to watch a baby for a few days, and I gotta tell ya, it was sooooo fun. I think I am a little crazy! He just fit into my day so well. So thanks Kristine for letting me have your baby for a bit. He was as sweet as could be!

It is amazing how much you think you have to blog about until you get here and then all your brilliant ideas go away. Oh well, I am sure I will think of more later!

10 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my sweet Drew. It was comforting to know I left him with someone who LOVES babies and loved having him there. Congrats on the 28lbs sista friend. You are lookin super fine these days!

Nichole said...

I can't WAIT to see you! I'm so proud of you! You have a level of self-discipline I've always admired. Well that and you're competetive. . .
So. White flour and HFCS, huh?

I did Bootcamp 101 at our multi-gen center today. It kicked my butt, but I'm so going back!! Seriously - 28 lbs would be nice to get rid of!

Awesome job on the poundage, and good luck on your next goal!

Nichole said...

P.S. what did you win?

Donna said...

Had my son not been going crazy on me when I saw you a few weeks ago at church I would have stopped to chat...I'm always afraid it's gonna offend someone if I ask them if they lost weight, but I KNEW you were lookin skinny. Congratulations! You are hot!!

Raich said...

That's awesome!! Yeah cut out that and the trans fat and you're on the right track. Man if I could just lose 1 pound that'd be awesome, instead I've GAINED 10 lbs since I had Jordyn. What did you win?

Jen said...

i won $80! a good amount to add to my "clothing fund"

Annie said...

That's so great, well done! I hope you took before and afters! I am so excited for the "Biggest Loser" finale tonight, I hope Ali wins!

Unknown said...

GOod for you!!! SO what was the prize at the end? Man that is some motivation! Keep it up, you are awesome!

Erin said...

I think it's so great that you use each other for motivation! I think it's terrific that you're adopting healthy habits into your lifestyle. Now, I just need to follow your lead. Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment and I hope you rewarded yourself justly!

Cookie Mama said...

Good for you Jen! Sounds like the $80 was well earned. You'll have to teach me all your weight loss secrets at the next scrapbooking night.