Friday, February 29, 2008

Last week...

So Eliott went to Florida last week which was a long week! Seth had to get tubes in his ears. We went and stayed the night at my mom-in-law (thanks sooooo much!!!) . She watched the girls for me while I took Seth to get his ears fixed! I was soooo excited for this to happen as he had a hard time understanding us. He had fluid behind both ear drums so it sounded like people were talking underwater. It was so frustrating because he would pass the hearing test w/ flying colors but that was only because he knew he was supposed to be listening otherwise it was all funny background noise. Anyway we had to get up and be at the surgery center at 7:00

So we got there and there was this fun magnet board on the wall and Seth had so much fun playing w/ it. This is the "car" he made.


Then we went back to get all checked in and he got to pick the flavor of the mask that he would wear as he fell asleep. And he picked cotton candy. When they took him back it was a little sad to sit in the waiting room by myself. I am glad it only took 15 minutes!! When the Dr. was done he came out to talk to me and he just had this "look" on his face and he starts saying in a very subdued voice "he had a tonnnn of fluid behind his ears" and then paused. I was waiting for him to tell me he ruined something and he would never hear again but then after he paused he finished w/ "so he should be much more comfortable now" (man buddy work a little on the bedside manner!)
Anway he was so sad when he woke up but it only lasted for an hour or so and then he was great!! And now he can hear really well.





In fact on the way back to my house I was talking to Eliott on the phone and Seth corrected something I had said. He was never able to hear that before!! (Which makes me glad for all the times I was having a conversation that he probably shouldn't have heard!!)

11 comments:

Jacey said...

I'm glad Seth is doing better now. Logan had to get tubes too! He's actually on his second set. It amazing how much better they can hear after the tubes! Logan after his first set Logan told us to, "stop yelling at me!". We would talk to him normally but he thought we were yelling because it sounded so loud all of a sudden. It was pretty funny and we're so grateful that he can hear now.

Kristine said...

That last picture is pitiful. Parker had a very similar face after getting his tonsils out. And just wait... if he's anything like Parker, which for your sake I hope not...all the fun things he'll hear now and try to correct you on. SO FUN!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

So sad! But I'm glad he can hear now! I love tubes. LOVE.

The Owens said...

Awww I didn't know that you went and had that done!!! I am so glad I can look at your blog now!! YAY!

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

That last picture is heart breaking! I am glad he is hearing better though. What a brave mommy to take your baby to the hospital by yourself. I would have died if I had to do something like that by myself.

:) said...

It only took 15 minutes? Wow. Glad that everything went okay. And you are very brave going by yourself. I would have been a bawling mess. And I swear, I know so many people on your friends list. Kristin Owens is my friends sister in law. (My friend Brittany, the one we went to the Inside Out concert with). Let's see who else I know.

Unknown said...

Im glad he is all better now...and that his hearing is now 100%. It is not a fun thing waiting for your child when they are having surgery...of any kind.

He is so big...the last time I saw you he was a baby. CrAzY!

Tawni said...

oh he looks soo sad in the last one! the poor guy! he looks sooo dang big in those pics. Do we really have kids that big, holy cow, we aren't that old are we?

Cookie Mama said...

Jen he's such a cutie! You get the mom of the year award for taking Seth in for surgery when Eliott was out of town AND remembering to get a picture for your blog. Hope Seth continues to feel better.

Erin said...

That picture after surgery breaks me heart! He looks so sad. I'm glad everything is better now.

Nettie said...

Poor little Seth. All this time he's had a hard time hearing. That would be so frustrating. He's such a sweet boy. You look so great in your picture by the way. Skinny mommy!!