Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cute Little Riley...

So I have been so excited to get the girls' ears pierced, but we decided to wait until they wanted them. So I have been randomly asking Riley for the last 9 months or so if she wants her ears pierced. I explained that it would hurt a little so when she was ready for that to let me know. So whenever I would ask her she would think for a minute and then say "umm, not yet". It was so cute and of course I couldn't force her so I waited. Well yesterday I asked again and she thought for a second and then said "YES"!! Oh I was so excited, because of course everything is all about me! So anyway we got ready and headed up to the mall for the fun event! (So this picture above is before)

When we got to the store she just ran up and jumped up into the chair she was soooo excited!


Well as soon as the gun made the noise and shot the earring in, she lost it. I think she might have forgotten the whole part about it hurting. So of course she jumped out of the way so that ear is still a little sore. And of course she cried.


So I had to get in the chair and hold her head so the lady could do the other side. It was so sad and I felt a little barbaric but she couldn't have only one earring. So she managed to get them both. And they are pink just like she talked about wanting the whole morning.


And here she is 1 necklace, 1 bracelet, and 2 pretzel sticks later. Smiling and loving her cute little earrings. As we were walking around the mall she would bust out in this little dance/skip/walk thing and just look at me and say "I have earrings!" She is so cute.
Wish me luck on the next 6 weeks of cleaning them. She is not loving that so much but one word about taking them out will make her hold still long enough to clean them. I think it will get old though 3 times a day for 6 weeks. But she looks so cute!!!

14 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Awwww, I LOVE earrings in little girls!

(and I totally didn't take care of my kids earrings. I'd put the stuff on when I'd remember but it wasn't everyday. Let alone 3x a day.... And we've never had a problem.)

Amanda said...

We got Miranda's pierced when she was 1yr. Now at 4, she only lets me put them in if I bribe/threaten her. Apparently she has sensitive ears. Good luck with the cleaning, they look adorable.

Nettie said...

She's so cute Jen. Good luck with the cleaning, but have fun putting cute earrings on her. How fun! I didn't know you wanted to pierce her ears. Glad she likes them too!

Tawni said...

How cute!! Yes, I love earings. It does get very old cleaning them, it seems like I did Saige's forever ago and I still have about 1 week of cleaning them. Good luck w/that. I love the pink!

Erin said...

I think that is so cute! Holy cow! If I ever have a girl I will TOTALLY do that! I can't believe they didn't do both ears at the same time though. She's so young I'd think they would do them at the same time so what did happen, wouldn't happen. She looks adorable though!

lindsay said...

oh she's so brave! i was 14 before i could get up enough nerve to finally have them done!!!
Soooo cute tho! She's adorable, and looks so much like you!

Raich said...

that's so fun, it's so cute that she was so excited and wanted to get them... it makes me think twice about getting jordyn's pierced right away... hmmm... decisions...

Raich said...

that's so fun, it's so cute that she was so excited and wanted to get them... it makes me think twice about getting jordyn's pierced right away... hmmm... decisions...

Unknown said...

She is so cute, with or with out ear rings! Love that they are pink!

Nichole said...

I love how you decided to leave it up to the girls - then "subtly hinted" (right!) to Riley about earrings for a few months. It sounds like she totally loves it, though. Yay for you having a girly girl!! I agree: "Cute little Riley!"

AZ Karen said...

She looks so cute. Have fun with the earrings...and what's up with your earring piercer not having 10,000 piercings like the ones that did my kids' ears. Seriously...I was scared of them. On the other hand...they did have a log of practice...

AZ Karen said...

a LOT of practice...not a log...ugh!

:) said...

Maggie says that she wants hers pierced but, she is too scared right now. My sister got the gun stuck on her ear when she got hers done. Ouch! But, Riley looks like a doll! What a cutie!

Nichole said...

'K - you're not transparent at all (aka what some call a "slurker" - slacking lurker)! You got a "Star Commenter" award from me, remember? I ♥ you!!!