Friday, February 15, 2008

What a bummer!

So Eliott and I have this deal where he surprises me and plans our anniversary date and I do the same for Valentine's day. Well that last few years we have had to stay in due to young babies. This year I decided we were going out!! I arranged a babysitter 2 weeks ahead of time and even made sure she could be out a little late due to it being a school night. Then I had a friend pick up some movie tickets for us (he gets them at discount and I can't stomach spending almost $10 to watch a movie, for each of us) and our Rubio's just opened so we were going to eat there. Such a fun evening planned, we haven't been to movie in forever!! and Eliott loves Rubio's! So at about 4:15 yesterday the babysitter's mom called to tell me she was sick. She had even called 2 other girls to see if they could come over. Well in the end I called all the girls in the ward that are old enough to babysit and either they couldn't come over or they didn't answer. So I told Eliott we should just go get dinner and rent a movie we could still have fun! So we did, we loaded up the kids drove to town got McDonald's for the kiddos, went to Blockbuster for us and then we went to Rubio's. So I went in to grab the food and it took 35 minutes just to get my food made! Meanwhile Eliott is in the car w/ all the kids! (gotta say I am glad I didn't know what I wanted to eat cuz I wouldn't have wanted to trade places w/ him!!) So we get home, get everybody to bed and start eating dinner. Yep the chicken in my salad was raw! well some of it was cooked but I am pretty sure I ate a piece that wasn't cooked all the way and then I poked one with my fork and held it up for inspection and it was definitely not cooked all the way! So nasty! So the wonderful husband he is offered to go back out and get me something but I declined. I thought I might have cereal until I realized there was no milk. Fabulous! So I had a romantic bowl of dry Cheerios!
But I did have a fabulous time watching a girl movie w/ my hubby! Whoo Hoo! Great Valentine's Day!!!

8 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Ahh the joys of life with small children.... At least you got to watch a girly movie.

Donna said...

I think that story would be great to tell teens who think they are "ready". At least in the end you got to snuggle up to a movie.

Kristine said...

That totally IS a bummer. Hope you can get that movie soon. And DRY CHERIOS, well thats just pitiful!

Anonymous said...

awwww Jen! You should have called me!!! That is so sad!!

Amanda said...

What movie was it? :) My husband told me that Rubio's here is not good. That's so sad, I hope they get better because I love Rubio's too. You should call and tell them that they could've given you salomanila (however you spell that), and maybe they'll get better cooks or something.

Nichole said...

awwwww. that IS a bummer! You know me and obligatory holidays. . . not a fan. So we did "nada". Well, that's not true. . . we finally applied online for unemployment benefits, sparing M the trip to an office. Bonus!

Unknown said...

I see I am a little late on this one, that is a bummer! At least you made the best of it, and imprivised! Way to go there...I think for ruining your Valentine's plans, the "sick" girl owes you FREE babysitting. ;)

Erin said...

You have such a good attitude, Jen! I don't think I would be that upbeat after all of that! I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your husband because, in the end, that's what it was all about.