Monday, March 16, 2009

One year older...



I don't know if am wiser though!!
I had a b-day last Thursday and somehow it managed to continue through yesterday!! So here is a run-down of my b-day weekend!
I have/had a laptop that was a piece of shmee that Eliott kept fixing and then it kept breaking so for my b-day he bought me this cute little thing!
It is called a netbook. It is smaller than a laptop but just as functioning. It doesn't have a disc drive but you can get an external one. It fits into my purse! Seriously it is sooooo cute!! and you know how somtimes you get a present that you know the giver wanted or something you know will turn into a family present. well not this! it is pink!!!! so it is all mine and i absolutely love love love it!! Eliott is the best!!
My actual b-day was just another day though. The kids were all sick and it was just there. But my awesome mother-in-law helped me out w/ kids that day so she saved me!!!
Then Friday I went to a friends house to play (who also happened to have me over and a couple friends for a movie and dinner on Wednesday. ) When I got home at 5, I knew Eliott had something planned so I was ready to go out and then there was a knock on the door and it was one of my good friends from Casa Grande. It was so fun to see her and her hubby but I was so confused. So finally somebody explains. Eliott had planned a come and go surprise party for me. He wouldn''t tell me who he had contacted so everytime the doorbell rang it was a surprise. It was seriously such a fun idea and I loved it and for sure felt loved!! Then for those who couldn't come they were instructed to call during the specified times. So I got a few phone calls and emails too!! It was so sweet!! Thank you guys for coming, especially those who had to drive a bit!! I really really appreciated it!!!
Then on Saturday I managed to get out by myself to do my grocery shopping but first I went shopping shopping! I just found a skirt but it was only $5!!! I am on a mission for red heels if anyone sees cute ones let me know!
Then on Sunday we got to go to Eliott's mom's house for my b-day dinner. She makes the yummiest egg rolls so that was my request this year and boy did she deliver! Soooooo good!!
So it was fabulous! I had a great b-day. It will be quite a different week this week! Oh well!!!
Thanks everybody for making me feel sooooooo loved!!!

4 comments:

Tawni said...

Happy Birthday to you chica! Sorry I was a little late on that one!
You and Brian's dad have the same birthday, so they had planned something for him that night.
Tell Elliott that was an awesome idea though! What a great hubby.

Brooke Colvin said...

Happy Birthday Jen! I'm glad you had a fun day/week. Hopefully I will see you at playgroup this week :)

Nichole said...

you ARE soooooo loved!

We had a great time on Saturday! Just like old times, plus some more munchkins, more hills, and a dose of #2. If that's not a blast, I don't know what is!

Donna said...

What a fun idea for a b-day party! And I love your little notebook...so cute! I just bought some red heels at Kohl's and I LOVE them! They are so fun!! They had three or four different red heels there that were all way cute. Have fun shopping!