Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's a long one!

Well let's see...
I had this picture and it was to funny not to post. As I have mentioned before I love sleeping babies. Well the girls get to start the night w/ their door open but if I see or hear them then it gets closed until we go to bed then we open it. The other night they ended up w/ their door getting closed . When we we to open it this is what we found. They had moved their pillows and blankets and all the junk on their beds to the floor by the door. It was so funny. I do have to say that at least they put it a little bit further away from the door. They usually fall asleep right behind it so when we check on them we have to push them w/ the door in order to get in the room.

Okay now for our long weekend. My brother is building a house down in Casa Grande so when he has to be there for a couple days he crashes at my house. Well this past weekend he stayed Thursday and Friday nights w/ one of my other brothers. Which means play time for my kids. On friday morning I come out of my room and here he is playing ring around the rosies w/ my kiddos and the niece and nephew I was watching. It was just too cute not to take pictures. They all had so much fun playing w/ him.

So much fun in fact that Derek was exhausted. Or he was exhausted from the fact that he wanted to go home. I guess he had never stayed w/ out his mom or dad so he was a little hysterical at times. At dinner one night he lost it so bad he started dry heaving at the table and I thought he was gonna blow so I made Eliott in charge of that one. Anyway it really was very sad but I was making Riley's halloween costume on Friday (which it so stinkin cute. just wait for the pictures of Halloween!) and he wouldn't leave my side. I looked over at one point and the poor little guy had fallen asleep on the rocking chair. Now how on earth could that be comfy!?!

So then on Saturday morning we drove up to Mesa to drop off the extra kiddos. And thanks to Kristine she told me about an awesome yard sale w/ scrapbook stuff so I went there while Eliott drove them home. When he came back to get me we headed to a fundraiser thingy called the "Buddy Walk" it is a thing for Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona. Eliott's best buddy's Mom is the founder of this organization so every year we attend the Buddy Walk. It is a lot of fun. It is like a little carnival thingy. The past few years they have had pony rides. Which Seth loved. Last year Riley rode too but she wanted nothing to do w/ it Saturday. Lexi loved them as long as she could sit in the stroller! Then they got to play the cheesy little carnival games and win prizes. And they had a "train" too. Over all the kids had a blast and we always have fun seeing the Johnsons! After the park we went to see Carly in her new (to her) house. It was super cute and I know she is gonna have a blast living w/ girls. It made me miss (kinda) my college days and living w/ girls. It really is fun even though you have the drama. Anyway, so after a long day and all of that we finally got home. This was the first time Lydia played in the tub so we had to get a picture of that of course!















(and for those of you that have asked, my neice is recovering slowly. But still recovering. Luckily her tumor was not cancer but she still has to do radiation because they didn't get the whole thing. Thanks for caring!)

8 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I'm glad your niece is doing better.

And you're so nice to let all your brothers stay with you. I can barely deal with all my regular people let alone extras ;)

Plus, you're girls are getting so big! And I LOVE their luscious locks!

Kristine said...

Okay, that was long. The non reader in me wanted to give up but I kept going cause at least you had pictures to break it up a little. I LOVE the picture of your brother doing ring around the rosie with the kids, very cute! Also, the girls sleeping by the door is pretty funny.

Jen said...

i knew you would get bored kristine so i had you in mind w/ the pictures!!

Cookie Mama said...

Jen

It was great to hear from you.
Hope your niece's recovery goes well.

Your family is so stinkn' cute. Can't wait to show Brooklyn how much Seth has grown!

Nichole said...

Love the update, Love the pics. And I LOL when you said "I made Eliott in charge of that one" - that's SOOO me with M! The very thought of puke makes me panic. I even made up a song about it. It's set to the old Toys R Us theme and goes "I don't wanna throw up, I'm a Toys R Us kid!"
On Sunday, while in church, it sounded like the 16 month old behind me threw up. I obsessed about it almost the entire meeting. It just occurred to me you probably already know most of this, since I bore my testimony about it once at Fairfield Ward. . .

Nichole said...

P.S. rub a dub dub, three girls in a tub. . . cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I miss you guys SO much. But next week I am planning a trip that may involve me staying with you guys overnight and then driving from there to work...Lyddie is so big girl now I cannot believe it!

lindsay said...

i love reading about your kids....they are so stinking adorable!...and dude, I was at the buddy walk too! my entire family was - but it was packed that day! Glad to hear you had a good halloween! hurry and post some pictures!!! :)