Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a week!!

Well let's see last Tuesday Eliott left for a work trip to Florida for 8 days! So I had things planned for everyday so I wouldn't go crazy. The first few days were fine, then I went to Wickenburg to stay w/ my brother and his wife and kid for the weekend. On Friday night another brother called to tell us that their 7 year old had a seizure at school and long story short she had a tumor in her brain. So we went to his house in Mesa on Saturday to visit then back to Wickenburg Saturday night, then back to Mesa on Monday. I went to my friend's house and made her some Harry Potter costumes for her and her husband then went to stay the night w/ my brother and his kids. On Tuesday they did the surgery on my niece and to keep busy while they were doing that we went to my other friend's house and made Seth half of his halloween costume. Finally they finished surgery around 9 at night. She was in there for 9 hours or so. It didn't go fabulous but she is still here so that is a plus. She isn't moving as well as they would like so to allow for my brother and his wife to visit I took home their 2 youngest to stay w/ me for a few days. So my week has been crazy!! For the last few days I have had 6 kids under the age of 5. But at least they all play well together. On a good note I found out one of my good buddies just found out she is prego! She has been trying for years upon years! I am so happy for her! Congrats Girl!!
Anyway I think I am little stressed out and needed a vent, so here it is! Maybe my next post will be more fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!

You have been crazy insane busy! I'm so sorry to hear about the neice- I can't imagine having to go through that, the poor thing...

I'm going to have to call you to catch up on the REST of the stuff :) Love you!!!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Whoa, girlie, that's crazy! I'm glad your niece is doing better, I hope she makes a full recovery. . .that's super scary. Anyhow, it sounds like you handled everything relatively well, so, I grant you one free night. *poof*
(alright, that might not have really worked, but seriously! hope you at least get to watch a chick flick and eat some ice cream!)

AZ Karen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. I hope things continue to look up for her.

You are such a trooper. You deserve some applause *clap, clap*.

Hey, how did you make the Harry Potter scarves? or did you? we thought we had one worked out for Rachel, but I think the gal we were borrowing it from forgot all about it and is out of town now. Bummer.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

sorry you're stressed. i'm sure your brother appreciates your help more than you realize ... i know i apprecited everyone's help after nolan was born.

Nettie said...

Wow Jen, what a hard week. I hope your neice is ok, and that your brother is hanging in there too, that must be really hard for them. You're such a great person to take on the extra kids like that, especially by yourself. I'm usually amazed by you, but even more so after this week. Love ya!

Nichole said...

you're Superwoman and Wonder Woman combined this week! hang in there! does having 6 kids that age make you relieved you stopped at 4? are you done catering the weddings or are more coming up?

P.S. glad to see you have some color back!

Raich said...

Life is Awesome. Really. How do we all survive? Oh yeah, we're awesome too... I say just go meet your husband in Florida...:) Have a better day than the one before

Erica said...

How heart breaking. I hope everything turns out all right. YOu are awesome to have so many young kids at one time.

Julie said...

Jen I am so sorry! I called and all I talked about was me, and in your crazy week. What a crappy friend will you ever forgive me? I hope that everything is going to be okay. Please let me know if I can do anything!