Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Did I cry?


So today was Seth's first day of school! He was so excited. Last week we went and met his teacher. His class has 2 pets which he was very excited for. He didn't want to leave. I am sure he will go see them first thing this morning.
So having to get out the door by 6:50 w/ all 4 kids was a little more time consuming than I had imagined. But lucky for me Eliott stayed here a little later than normal so he could see Seth off to school so I had a little extra help. Tomorrow I am going to have to get up a little earlier!
So of course we had to document this momentous occasion with a ton of pictures so just deal with it!!







So here we have "the backpack!"













Here is my sweet little boy walking to the bus stop. Luckily for us we have a bus stop at the end of our street. So the walk isn't too bad. Except today when it was extremely muggy! On the ride home since he is half day the bus will drop him off at my door which is soooo nice!





And of course as soon as I heard the bus coming I had to get my hugs. We already looked goober enough with our whole family at the bus stop that I didn't want to make it worse for him by hugging him in front of all the kids! (I don't know if he cares yet but I didn't want to risk it!)



















I have to admit it was really sad watching him get on the bus. But I figured it would be better for him to do it the same time all the other kids did than to take him, say the first week and then make him ride it the next week and have everybody else know what to do and where to go when you get off the bus. So I say it is better he is new w/ everybody else. Anyway all that said, it was still sad.


Eliott had to walk him across the street to get on and the second he left to do that I started bawling like a baby. It kinda surprised me (I am kinda dead inside, it takes a lot to make me cry). I didn't stop crying until we got back home. But I am a big girl and I can handle this! He gets home around noon. It is kinda weird fixing breakfast for only 2 people instead of 3 (he gets breakfast in his classroom). This is all about me and my big day not his, right?!!

8 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Poor Jen! I think I'd cry too. Can't believe Seth is already going to school. Scarey that Marina's just a few months younger, but missed the cut-off for this year. After reading your post, home schooling is sounding mighty fine! :)

Becky

Erica said...

I totally undertand. I cried hard on Mckenna's first day of Kindergarten! It is hard sending them off into the world.

Kristine said...

So, I can't relate on the crying thing but I am way sorry you cried! :( Its definately fun seeing him in his uniform with his backpack and all. He looks very excited and I have to say that I get excited too. I love seeing the kids grow and learn and do new stuff. Its then, when thier real personality starts coming out and that can be way fun. Tomorrow will be better though. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEE

Janey said...

I started crying just from reading the blog entry, Jen! Baby Seth is now Little Seth and he's all grown up! Adorable!

Nichole said...

OMG! What a big day for all of you! I can't believe it's gone so fast - we met you guys when you were prego with him. . . and now he's such a big boy!
Long-distance (and virtual) hugs to you as you await Sethy's return from school today!

The Scotts said...

How cute does he look?!?! I can't imagine getting up that early and getting him ready!! I don't know if I'll be ready in 2 years. I better get my sleep while I can!!

Erin said...

What a great moment and memory! I can't wait to see Nate going to his first day of school. Seth looked adorable. Now you've made it through this you'll only have to worry about all the cutie girls chasing him! :)