Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Part 2

On Wednesday we headed over to Salt Lake to stay w/ my brother and his family for a few days. On Thursday we got to go to a beautiful lake called East Canyon. It was great!! My kids were so great! If any one has gone swimming w/ my crew, you know they are scared! (Except Riley seems to be pulling out of that phase) I couldn't believe it all 3 of them (the ones that can talk and walk!) wanted to ride on the tube and all wanted to go faster. And by the end of the day all of them would get in the lake to play. Except Lyddie of course. She just chilled on the boat the whole time. We actually made it 4 hours before we decided to call it a day!! After cleaning up the boat we headed over to the little store and had ice cream. It was a great day!



Then the next day we went fishing at a little park close to my brother's house. The kids had never been fishing before, so that was fun. Surprisingly though Seth got bored of it after nothing happened for a bit. And as soon as he went to play Riley caught a little blue gill. It was so cute! Then we headed over to the light rail. We rode the train into downtown to visit Temple Square. That was a ton of fun and really a great thing! We got to see 2 of the sister missionaries from our ward serving there. And the kids loved being at the temple.



Then on Saturday my brother watched the kids for us so we could go to Eliott's best buddy's wedding. Big Seth and Jane finally got married!! We couldn't be happier for them.

After the reception we headed home!! It was a long night but Eliott drove the whole time w/ the exception of a 25 minute catnap. The kids slept the whole way and we got home at about 8:30 in the morning. Driving all night was nice considering the kids but it took too long to recuperate! Where as driving all day but leaving early was fabulous and we didn't need to recoup from that.
Anway there you have it, our first family vacation!! (pathetic I know! but the last time we took the kids anywhere was to utah when seth was 8 months old!!)

4 comments:

Nichole said...

OK:
1) hello Skinny Mini! (ur looking great!)
2) CUTE X with her ice cream cone!
3) Is the shrimpboat getting taller?
4) LOVE E's face in that pic (you know the one I'm talking about!)

LOVE AND MISS YOU GUYS!

Kristine said...

Ditto on the skinny mini and the Elliots face. What up with that?

I love those cubby legs coming out from the cute pink swimwear. I'm sure she won't appreciate that pic when she's older but its SO DANG CUTE!

And I love all of Seths pics with no teeth. So funny.

Tawni said...

Sooo much fun!! I love vacations!
And man do you look good!! Any secrets for me over here?
And yea, Elliot's face cracked me up!

Jocey said...

So fun! I love Temple Square! Cute pictures!