Monday, December 10, 2007

Tents, Snow, Trees...

We started this thing last year where we go cut our christmas tree down. We as in my side of the family. We had so much fun last year that we decided to do it every year. This year was last weekend, it was a blast! We were cutting down in Heber so we packed everything up and left Friday. (Eliott had church responsibilities to attend to so he stayed home w/ Lexi and Lydia) So when we got to heber it was freezing cold and raining. So we had to set up camp in the cold and rain and leaky tents and the funny brothers I have, had heaters for their tents. well two of them did the tent we slept in didn't. But it really wasn't that bad. So it rained all night long, what I thought was rain, at some point it turned to SNOW! We woke up at about 6:30 to go to the bathroom, or to the tree I should say, and everything was covered in snow! it was sooooooooo much fun. So we played in the snow in the morning and had a blast. Seth and Riley were really good considering they had never been that cold. Seth even made a snow man and of course his first reaction to the snow was to throw a snow ball at his sister. So after breakfast and camp was packed up we loaded all the kids in the car and shot halloween pumpkins. It was so fun, I haven't shot a gun in probably 15 years. But it was fun. I definitely prefer my brother's rifle to all the pistols there. I couldn't hit anything w/ the pistol but w/ the rifle I rocked! (and actually I might have hit something w/ the pistol but as soon as i pull the trigger my eyes close, I know not very safe!) I even blew up a pumpkin and pieces shot in the air. So after shooting we went driving through all the snow hunting for our trees. When we would spot the one we wanted we would stop and chop it down. So when I saw mine I unloaded Seth and Riley and we went to chop it down. In fact I chopped mine down. Yes that is my hiney in the picture using the chainsaw to chop down my tree! It was pretty cool! So then we drove around getting the other trees, Zo didnt' strap them down so mine blew out of the back of the truck and James stopped to pick it up for me (thanks James!) We stopped and helped a minivan out of the snow (he was from canada on his way to mesa, and basically a moron, who would drive through this stuff in snow) The highway we came up to heber on was closed so we had to drive along the mogollon rim roads to get to another highway, no place for a minivan! anyway! we had a blast and then when we got back to mesa zo threw the tree in the back of the van! at least my van smelled good the whole way home!


(okay I know some of the pictures are sideways but it took forever to load them all so I wasn't going to spend more time trying to fix it, so turn your head sideways!)

I can't wait till next year!

6 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Well, hello!! This is Carolyn from good ol' Fairfield Ward. I found your blog through Caroline, who found me through someone, etc.
You may have forgotten all about this but remember the "Baby Whisperer" book the I "borrowed" a long time ago...... and then you moved.? Well, everytime I look at it, guilt swells up inside me, so send me your address, will ya? And I'll get it back to you.
Your blog and family are adorable by the way. Love it!!
jcgardner825@juno.com

Caroline C. Bingham said...

That looks so fun! And I can't believe how much snow you guys got overnight! Whoa!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! I'm glad you got to go and the kids too!

lindsay said...

brrrrrrrrr!!!!
it looks so cold!!!

but your tree is cute and i loved all the pictures!...i got my snow fix for the year just looking at them.

Brianne said...

It sounds like so much fun. I am proud of you for getting a "real" tree! The pictures in the snow looked so fun even though they gave me shivers.

Nichole said...

you are a brave woman, you! I can't hang with the cold very long! I do love the pic of Sethy holding the chainsaw, though! Classic!