Monday, December 17, 2007

A little Seth humor...

So my dad isn't into holidays of any kind (birthdays included) but we have come to an agreement that he will pay for a gift for the grandkids and even give it to them as long as he doesn't have to shop. So this year I picked out gifts for all the grandkids and went shopping for them. Well I still want my kids to think it is from grandpa so I hid the big giant wagon box in the garage next to the water heater. Seth came out to get in the van yesterday and he starts peeking around the box, which is behind the double stroller and squeezed next to the bike. (not exactly an easy place to get to) So he starts asking what it is and I yell to him that Kayla has a present back there so not to go back there (not a lie, kayla's present is there just next to the giant towel covered wagon box). So he asks me if I hid it so he couldn't see it so he couldn't tell her what it was. I answer yes she would be so sad if you told her what her present was. (I love that he is only 5 and thinks that his 10 month old cousin would be sad if she found out what she were getting for Christmas, it made trying to hide stuff easier) Anyway so I have other presents up on a shelf, also disguised in my genius towel camo. When we got home last night he gets out of the van and Eliott is behind him and he points up to the shelf and looks at Eliott and says "there's another present up there" and keeps walking. I guess next year I actually have to hide the presents. At least none of the ones he discovered are from santa. And the one on the shelf is Lexi's b-day present. Anyway funny kid!

7 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

It's amazing how smart kids are! You better figure out a good hiding place for next year. Maybe the attic?

Kristine said...

Amen! Next year I'm gonna have to do WAY better at the whole hiding thing. We've had too many close calls and Christmas is still a week away! Glad Seth didn't really find the stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oh the Sue....

Nichole said...

I love these Christmas present hiding stories. I guess I don't have the opportunity to think about it much - but I love it! I also love Seth's little boy innocence - Soooo Seth!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

okay, first off, CUTE christmas card. second, ummm, LOVE the name of your new business. third, that barkeeper's stuff ROCKS.

the end.

Tawni said...

that is too funny! it really is going to get harder when they get older.
dendi use to unwrap the presents carefully, peak, and wrap them back up when my mom was gone. so then my mom had a # for each person and would write that on the present so we didn't know which ones were ours.
i have no idea how to change my pictures so you can click on them, i only know how to put them in one way, sorry chica!!Ü

Erin said...

Your kids crack me up and make me excited for the days and moments of funniness to come from Nate. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I'm so bummed that I missed the play groups while I've been in town. It would have been great to see you!