Monday, December 17, 2007

A little Riley humor...

So I was in my bathroom one day doing my hair and I look down and Riley is pointing to something in the cupboards under the sink and asks what it is. So I answer her and then keep doing my hair when it clicks that those cupboards are "child proofed" so i ask her what she is doing and how she got it open and she responds:
"I just pull them open a little and then push these little things down and it opens"
Silly me, why hadn't I tried that! So much for child proof.
Then the other day I was at the kitchen table and she was using my bathroom to go potty and she was gone for quite a while so I ask her what she is doing so she replies that she wants some lotion and I told her she needed to come ask first, so she comes and asks. After I say yes she starts walking back to my bathroom and I catch a whiff of something, gosh what is that? I know that smell! For the life of me I can't put my finger on it! hmmmm.... So I call her back and start smelling her to figure out what it is, she didn't have the smell anywhere so I start smelling inside her nose. Haa there it is, now what is it?!!
Dang it! She smells like VEET (yes that's right the hair removal lotion) that she managed to get out of my "child proofed" cupboards (I have for reals lotion in a place she could get to but noooo she decides to talk the hair removal one) So I run in the bathroom and check and luckily for both of us all she did was open it and smell it. She still has all her hair intact! She is such a turkey! A clever turkey!

(I know this post would have been much more entertaining had it ended w/ loss of hair and a horrible picture to match but just for me can you contain your disappointment at my happiness in having hair on my little girl!)

5 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Priceless. And yes, I'm so glad she still has all her hair.

Kristine said...

That is hillarious! I like that she very simply explained how she opened the cupboard. Like it was no big deal. I guess the veet will find a new hiding spot today, huh?

Anonymous said...

She is definitely a turkey. I can picture her little voice explaining it...so cute!

Nichole said...

How nonchalant of her to explain child-proofed cupboard opening etiquette to you! HA HA! LOL! Oh Ri, what a jokester.

Tawni said...

that is funny! she sure knows where to look, doesn't she!! they always look and get stuff that they know is off limits
yea, i HAD child proof things on all my kitchen cupboards, well, Gunner figured out how to get them open, but he doesn't just open them, he slams them shut, so the thing breaks off, so now i probably have maybe 1 or 2 actually still on. yea, they work really well, don't they