Sunday, June 6, 2010

laundry day

So I am unbelielvable tired of washing laundry that is already clean! So we have talked about making sure the clean stuff is put away and the dirty stuff goes in a basket. So after many of these talks I decided to take action! The kids had to do the laundry. Every last thing!!! The only thing I did was pour the soap and fold my understuff. They sorted, started, switched, folded, hung and put away 10 loads of laundry!!!
It took 3 days from start to finish (because of the time of use plan) But they finished and they actually did a pretty decent job. I was really proud of them. They didn't even complain alot. At first they thought it was fun but by the end of that last load they were soooo done. We have a standing thing on Wednesday morning and that was the last day and I told them they couldn't go unless they were finished. They had 1 load to fold and one to put in the dryer and then fold. So Seth got up at 5 a.m. that morning to make sure that he could get it done!!

So we will see how well they learned come monday or tuesday when it is laundry day again.
One of my favorite parts was watching riley try to get the last of the stuff out of the washer!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Great idea. Hope they remember how not fun it is.

Nettie said...

Good for you Jen! You're such a good mom. I wouldn't have the patience for that, so kuddos to you!

Anonymous said...

I love Lexi's face in the 2nd photo or so.

Cookie Mama said...

Okay this is the best idea ever! I am going to try it at my house. I love the pictures, especially the ones where your kids look like they are half way in the washer. I was totally cracking up. Your kiddos are so cute!