Friday, September 14, 2007

Just some random stuff...

Let's see, first... we noticed Lexi was starting to get a little bit of a buck on her front teeth so we decided to see if we could break her of her thumb sucking habit. Well first we just started telling her she was a big girl and didn't need to do it anymore and when we saw her suck it all we would say is "who's my big girl?" and she would pop it out. So we did that for a couple days and it didn't really seem to be working all that well cuz she figured out she could control it, so I finally found the yucky thumb stuff but the problem is it is supposed to be bitter but your bitter tasted buds are up front and you suck your thumb in the back so that didn't work. So we kept up the whole big girl scheme half-heartedly. I realized the other day that I don't remember the last time she sucked her thumb. Once we left her alone it was done. It took only maybe a week. Wow I have no idea how we lucked out so well!! Anyway thumb sucking story over.
Next Lyddie has decided she is a big girl and can finally sit all by herself!!
Whoo hoo (it is about time!) the other kids sat around 4 or 5 months but she is 7 and a half!
Last is another Lexi thing...
It is so funny we will be sitting in the room and she will all the sudden stand up and started playing duck duck goose w/ everyone. If she can't reach the top of you head she will move your face until she can and say "du" and move on. Every once in awhile she will touch you and start running at which point we assume she says goose. Nobody even has to be paying attention to her for her to play her little game. It is so cute! I think it is funny the things your young kids do when they have older siblings, I mean Seth would never have done that, he didn't even know the game!
Anyway that is just some fun random things going on at my house these days!

7 comments:

Janey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nettie said...

I think we might be going back to Duct tape for Logan....the kids aren't making fun of him enough at school. dang it. Good job Lexi, what a big girl!!

Nichole said...

your last baby wants to stay a baby for a while - it's a role she was born to play! congrats on her ability to sit up, though! she so darn cute in that pic you posted of her displaying her newest talent. and "yay!" to Lex for ditching the thumb sucking in favor of big girl things (whatever those are at her age!).
You guys are our heroes and examples in all things parenting!! (just so you know!)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

fun stuff!!

Raich said...

How tute are those big ole cheeks?
Haven't had a thumb sucker yet, but maybe i'll play the big boy trick on my nose picker. It's not really a pic, it's kind of a just stick it in there and leave it. With a faraway bored look on his face. I don't know....

Erica said...

okay you are so lucky beacsue I can not get McKEnna to stop sucking her thumb for the life of me. I have tried everythig and now she just does it behind my back!

Kristine said...

Cute pictures of little Lid. She looks so big sitting all on her own. when did she grow up I miss that little baby that was in the picture on your sidebar. And Lexi is a champ for stopping. I am very impressed