Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation!!! (part 1)

Okay so this might be long but oh well!! And there are tons of pictures but I hate doing the slideshow so just deal w/ it!!
We left for Utah at about 4:00 a.m. on the 2nd. It was fabulous, about 3 miles away from home we get pulled over by some completely bored cop. I was a little too chipper and he thought I was odd. He pulled us over for our license plate light being out. We were such a threat that 2 cops had to stop for it!! But then we were off and I have to do a little bit of bragging here. We borrowed 2 dvd players and we had the laptop just in case. But we both decided we wanted to wait until we had at least gotten to Flagstaff before busting out the movies. Well the kids did fall asleep again once we got going but woke up for good at about 5:30 a.m. We managed to make it about 6 hours into our trip before we got the movie going. and then when we did it made Riley carsick about 10 minutes into so she moved away from it. But that was the only movie they watched on the ride up! I have great car kids. They had such a good time entertaining themselves.
We stayed at Eliott's Grandma's house and his sister and brother and wife stayed there too. It was such a fun fabulous time!! Eliott's Grandpa used to love a place called Marion's. They have burgers and shakes and stuff. So it is tradition to go over there and get chocolate malts. So that is what we did! The kids loved it and this is the girls outside waiting for dad to pay. The best part of small town is we could walk over there. It was so fun!

At Grandma's house she pretty much let us have the basement. That left a room for the kids and a room for Eliott and I. It was nice to have a bed for them to sleep in, instead of sleeping bags on the floor. So she had a full or a queen size in there and the kids just laid sideways on it and they slept there pretty well the entire time we were there. There were a couple nights that Riley and Lexi were laying on each other!!
We got to set of fireworks on the 4th and go to a parade. The kids had never seen a parade before and they loved it!! Riley couldn't get enough of any type of cheerleader or dancer that they had. Before the parade they flew (i wanna say) F-16 airplanes overhead. And of course Seth and Eliott loved that!!



Lexi's face in those pictures cracks me up!!

We stayed there until the next Wednesday. We had the best time just relaxing in the beautiful weather. I brought some books w/ me and just sat on the swing and read or layed on the grass and slept. It was great!! The kids did awesome finding things to do. We didn't really have the T.V. on a ton and they didn't take naps. But the colored or played in the sprinklers or just hung out outside. They had a blast!!

There is a dinosaur museum close by so we took the kids over there. It was very kid friendly w/ lots of things for them to do. There was a little tunnel and this is Lexi coming out the other side!
The day we left we went to the local park. It was a fabulous park and everything was so green! The kids had a great time. And I am not gonna lie , so did I! They had one of those zip thingies where you hold on and push off and it zips you to the other side. I would post pictures but I hate how you have to do it and then move the picture all the way down and let's face it this is a huge post (by the way does anybody know how to do it w/out having to move the picture all the way down, like post the picture where the cursor is?)

Anyway it was a great time in Roosevelt and I will post maybe tomorrow about our time in Salt Lake!!

7 comments:

Brianne said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. I am happy you were able to get away and I am jealous of your great "car kids".

Nichole said...

It's SOOOO nice to see pictures of kids I actually care about on a blog! (did that just sound snobby?? sorry! I just love your kids!)

I cannot believe how big X and Lyddie are getting! Wow! Shows me how long it's been since we've been to see you. . . :(

Oh, and ca-yute hair!!!

Can't wait for the SLC pics!

Annie said...

I love your family. I miss you guys and I'm glad I got to see you when I was home!

Kristine said...

LOVE the picks in the car!
LOVE the red and Blue festivness of your outfits on the fourth!
LOVE the pic of Riley and Lexi on the stoop. Soooo CUTE!
LOVE that the kids colored and sprinklers.

OH and BTW...

YOU LOOK SOOO SKINNY IN ALL THOSE PICS! WHAT A HOT MAMMA YOU ARE!

Can't wait to see more! :)

Rebecca said...

How fun. I once got pulled over for the same thing. I guess we both look a little questionable.

Tawni said...

That sounds like you guys had soo much fun!! cute pics!

Janelle said...

I am glad that you and your family had such a great time! I love being able to get away and relax. You look really great in that picture of you on the 4th :)