Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Walmart Fun

So I went to Walmart the other day. It was a bad day to begin with. I was so exhausted and extremely hormonal and wanted to cry over everything. And none of it was really worth crying about and I knew it, but somehow that doesn't ever seem to help. Anyway we were having the missionaries over for dinner and my house was a mess and I need two things from the store so I deciede to go on my way home from play group, which would be my only time to do it. Well unfrotunately for me that was also lunch time and rapidly approaching nap time. So I figured if I could get Riley and Lexi to sit in the back of the cart and I could put Lyddie up in the front and Seth could walk then I could get them a corn dog from the deli counter and accomplish shopping and lunch all in one fell swoop then I could get home and put them all to bed and enjoy some much needed me time. Okay so the flaw in the plan was that Riley (who by the way has decided that 6 a.m. is a good wake up time) didn't want to sit in the back, she wanted to walk. Well I had already told her she was in the back so I decided to stick to my guns! Well that involved holding her arm so that she couldn't climb out and walking with my other hand on the cart so I could direct it. She screamed the entire time, which seemed much longer than it really was since I just got my 2 needed items (something fellow walmart shoppers know, never happens!!) when we were in the frozen food aisle this older lady stops and starts talking to her trying to calm her down. I just wanted to tell her to leave us alone so I could get out of there, but I have been recently informed that when I am hormonal I tend to lean heavily on the side of rude. So I was trying my best just to politely escape when I think she finally caught on and asked me "I am not helping am I?" I do have to be grateful for that because she wasn't, so then we proceed to the check out getting stares from everyone of course! Well with Riley throwing her awesome fit I decided to forgoe the "corn dog" plan and had to come up with something else, so on the way home we got taco bell, they ate in the car and as soon as we walked in the door Riley turned her little switch and became the cutest little angel! Of course! Well I think this story had a point but I don't remember it now. But at the end of this long morning I got everybody to sleep and sat in my room to watch a girl movie and had some ice cream!! Yummy! When all was said and done, my house was clean (at least the parts the missionaries could see!) the missionaries were full, my kids were happy and I got to go to bed at 8:30. Not a bad ending to a bad day!

4 comments:

The Scotts said...

I have decided that I always have a bad experience grocery shopping with kids. But what can you do, when you need something you need it and I usually don't want to wait until Jared gets home so I can go alone. I need out of the house!! I'm glad that she didn't fall out of the cart. I just kept waiting for that! I hate when people look at you like you have no control over your kids and you just want to say, "Have you had kids? Don't you remember this?"!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nettie said...

I didn't know we were allowed to feel the missionaries! HAHAHA!!!! Too funny Carly. That sounds like a nightmare experience Jen, GOOD JOB for sticking to your guns. Smart mommy!!

Anonymous said...

FEED. Feed the missionaries. Feed.