Wednesday, December 8, 2010

stuff


So let's play catch up...
Thanksgiving was fun! I love a good holiday w/ good food!
We took family pictures. I wasn't really excited about this and even debating doing them but it took about 15 minutes for us to get an excellent picture of each kid and a good family picture. So I was happy we went ahead and did them!
Then last thursday I finally got to have the surgery on my hip that I had been fighting for!! I have had weird hips for a while now but for the last 2 years they have been hurting. I found a dr. that was willing to help me out. The MRI wasn't conclusive w/ a labrum tear but that is what it was looking like. There was also a bump on my bone that could cause the labrum to tear if it hadn't already so he was going to shave that off. The good news is that the labrum was great but there were several bumps all over the top of my femur. So the ball and socket weren't sitting together properly so he had to shave the bumps off and reshape the ball. Sounds creepy but hey if it works then it's okay! And he said he was confident that it would relieve my pain.
It was kind of a long surgery. It took about 4.5 hours and an hourish of that was spent manipulating my body into a position so they could get into the joint. man was my body sore after all that! Luckily I was out for that part.
The recovery is no walking on that leg for 3 weeks. Which made it difficult for the first couple days because they must have pinched a nerve and I couldn't feel my good leg at all!! It was a bit difficult trying to get to the bathroom!! Eliott had to wheel me in a computer chair!
But the feeling is back and I can get around on my crutches!
I am lucky to have awesome friends and a fantastic Mother-in-law who have been soooo willing to help w/ food and kids so that I can recover quickly!
So I spend my days hanging out on the couch and watching Monk! It is going to feel great to be able to take care of my family and do things soon!

And Seth had his piano recital last night and did a great job!

And that my friends is my recap!

3 comments:

Raich said...

LOVE the picture!

AudyCamp said...

What a DARLING PICTURE!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Brianne said...

Awww. What a cute picture!