Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dad is out of town

I have a friend that has a husband that goes hunting, so while he is gone they have a good ol' time and go shopping and watch movies and such. Well I am not that cool. Eliott went out of town early Monday morning. This is how my day went. I had to call the insurance to make sure Seth's insurance really became active today because they put him on a different plan than the rest of the family and by the time I called them they couldn't fix it till December 1st. So after that I called the dr. because he has major goopage draining out of his ear. So I can't get in until 1:30 so I decide to take the kids to the library and then to get a burger so that we didn't have to sit at home and wait for nap time to come and go w/out taking naps. So I did kinda score the good mom points w/ the library trip and the mcdonald's run. So after they play for a little bit, we go to the dr. And some how my kids manage to be the best behaved kids EVER!! We get in there and there is a massive line so I have them all sit on a bench in the sign in area and wait for me to get through the line. They all sat there for about 15 minutes w/ out fighting or complaining. They simply put on the best little faces and had conversations w/ the other people in the room. So once we get into the waiting room they wait patiently and watch the movie. Then we get called back to the area were they check your measurements and what not and this is how they sit. I tell you perfect!! Then we go to the exam room (I know seriously a ton of rooms) and we wait mostly nicely for the dr. to come by playing "I spy" and "rock, paper, scissors" (which is always funny to play w/ lex cuz she says "I spy something... your shirt" or some other object. and w/ rock paper scissors, she is always scissors and scissors always wins)
Then we go to leave and Riley loses it. She had been so great, they all had and she just melts down. It was fabulous!! Oh well, it was great while it lasted and I have pictures to prove the perfectness!!
So the deal w/ poor pathetic seth is: he started this yucky drainage thing later in the day on friday. But it wasn't too bad and knowing he changed insurance on monday I just didn't want to deal w/ it. Well the goop got thicker and greener. Serious nasty stuff here. So he had a bad infection that caused so much pressure it caused his ear drum to rupture. Poor kid!! And to top it off, he has a cough that won't quit and a fever tonight. So I had to call our home teachers to come over and give him a blessing since Eliott is still out of town. But thankfullly he gets home tomorrow!! Wahooo!!! So much for trying to be a fun mom when dad leaves town!! At least I hit the library!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Janelle said...

Yikes! A ruptured ear drum. He handled it pretty well though.
How do you do that with your kids? They always behave really well. I remember my first day at the park in CG they just sat in a circle, shared goldfishes, and talked to each other like they were best friends. I have some learning to do from you!

BUIS LIFE... said...

What a fun day!! I'd say you earned double awsome mommy points. Hope Seth feels better soon!

Cookie Mama said...

Wow your kids are amazing. I don't know if I'm more impressed with the well behaved ones that felt fine or sweet Seth who even lets you take a picture of him when he's sick.

You are super mom, I'm sure that's why your kids are so amazingly good!

Nichole said...

Even with Riley and her meltdowns, I still love all your kids! You're a smartypants mom for doing the library AND McD's BEFORE the appt. Brains satisfied? Check! Tummies full? Check!

I hope Seth gets better soon. . .

Rebecca said...

Poor Seth, I hope he feels better soon.
Those pictures tunred out so good, I can't wait for you to take ours.
Loved your wedding pic, what a cute couple you two are.

Nettie said...

Poor Seth. You did a good job going to the library and McDonalds. I'm sure they loved that. I went to Hong Kong Kitchen with Marlee while Bryce was gone...but that's nowhere near as cool as McDonalds!

Erin said...

What a day! I hope Seth is feeling better now. I love how you are so up beat about it all though and that you got so excited about good kids. That's awesome.

Tawni said...

Hey, you wouldn't be talking about me, would you...
Believe me, it is not ALL fun & games while dad is gone, we have plenty of what you just experienced, I just try to remember the good stuff.
Believe me, I have to do some serious bribing too, for them to be good enough to earn the fun we have!
It is also a known fact between me & Brian, that it is only a matter of time that atleast 1 of the kids will get sick while he is gone! Seriously, EVERY stinkin' time!
Last time he was like, hey, they were all fine for the 1st 5 days, that is good. lol

Tawni said...

hey, i need your address for a christmas card.